- Name : Dr. Aswathy Maria Oommen
- Designation : Assistant Professor
- Qualification : MBBS,MS
- Experience : 16 Year-0 Months
Dr. Aswathy Maria Oommen
She completed her under graduation from Madurai Medical College, Madurai and
pursued her postgraduate studies (M.S) in Anatomy at Christian Medical College,
Vellore. She started her career in Anatomy, as a tutor at Dr. SMCSI Medical College
and Hospital, Karakonam, in 2002. She joined the government service, as Assistant
Professor in the Department of Anatomy in Government Medical College,
Thiruvananthapuram in 2012 and has a teaching experience of more than 16 years.
She teaches medical and paramedical students and post-graduate students of
Anatomy. She is genuinely interested in the welfare of the students, and is actively
involved in the academic and research activities of the department.
1. Bertha A, Neeta V Kulkarni, Aswathy Maria Oommen, Jestin K Joseph(2009).
Entrapment of Deep Axillary Arch by two roots of Radial Nerve – An
anatomical variation. J. Anat. Soc. India 58(1) 40-43.
2. Sreedhar LSL, Oommen AM, Sarasammal SR. Age related microscopic
changes on Islets of Langerhans in human pancreas. J. Evolution Med. Dent.
Sci. 2016;5(102):7463-7468, DOI:10.14260/jemds/2016/1690
3. Sarasammal SRJ, Sreedhar LSL, Oommen AM. Correlation of length of femur
with its proximal fragments- A morphometric study. J. Evolution Med. Dent.
Sci. 2017;6(70):4975-4978, DOI: 10.14260/Jemds/2017/1080
4. Oommen AM, Sreedhar LSL, Sarasammal SRJ, et al. A study of primary
nutrient foramina in femur. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2018;7(36):4032-
4034, DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2018/900
5. Sreedhar LSL, Sarasammal SRJ, Oommen AM. Microanatomic study of
human pancreatic islets in alcoholics and non-alcoholics- a descriptive
comparative study. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2018;7(49):6036-6040, DOI: